opinion on a dagger showdown?

This is what it's all about. Just like the real parking lot, this is the place to shoot the breeze and talk trash. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: bdk, bigtime

lemons

opinion on a dagger showdown?

Postby lemons » Thu May 01, 2008 11:32 pm

hey guys,
so i really want to get a playboat (i'm a beginner) and found a dagger showdown for 250. is that a good boat for the cost? i'm 5'4 and the specs seem dead on, and the reviews sounds good, but i cant test it before i get it, so any opinions beforehand? i only have 3 days on the offer. :( thanks guys. see you on the river.
katie
bigtime

Postby bigtime » Fri May 02, 2008 9:51 am

Yo Katie....not too sure about the showdown. I know it's one of Dagger's older designs, but I've never paddled one. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no, I don't think you'd like it in the long run as a playboat.

I wouldn't buy any playboat without paddling it first. There are plenty of playboats around town that I'm sure folks would let you try. You should definitely try the LL Skip, I think McGreevy has one somewhere. If not, there are a couple being paddled. Another option is to go up to the WW Center and demo, or to the NOC where you can demo them for free.

Bottom line though is, if you want to playboat, go ahead and get a full-on playboat and learn it while the weather is hot! They have a steeper learning curve than the longer boats, which may result in a few swims out of the popup hole, but once you learn you'll be able to do a lot of things with it.

That's my :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:
redneckjedi

Postby redneckjedi » Fri May 02, 2008 10:56 am

I'll echo Big Time here. I made the mistake of buying the first playboat I ever paddled. Well it really wasn't a huge mistake I guess, but definitely paddle everyone you can before you make up your mind.

No, I don't want a danish
Yes, that boat does make your ass look big
lemons

thanks

Postby lemons » Fri May 02, 2008 1:09 pm

thanks guys. i'll stick with your adivce. :D i really appreciate it since i cant demo it first. i love paddling and think it would really stink if i got a boat i didnt like :D
StSnoopy

Postby StSnoopy » Sat May 03, 2008 1:51 pm

yeah, and also i would look at get your gear on, see what playboats they have and try them out if you like any of them, thats where i got my kingpin ;] :righton:
Daniel
ricky

Postby ricky » Sun May 04, 2008 9:08 am

I happen to have another Kingpin in stock , and you can demo it first . How many boats did you demo before you picked that one Snoop ?
What goes around comes around
Work like you don`t need the money
Love like you have never been hurt
Dance like nobody is looking
Sing like nobody is listening
Live like it is Heaven on Earth
StSnoopy

Postby StSnoopy » Sun May 04, 2008 12:49 pm

uh.... i tried the transformer than got to try the kingpin
Daniel
crash

Postby crash » Sun May 04, 2008 5:02 pm

you can't go wrong with a kingpin as long as you're okay NEVER being able to bow stall! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
redneckjedi

Postby redneckjedi » Sun May 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Get back to your studies.... or guitar hero.

No, I don't want a danish

Yes, that boat does make your ass look big
StSnoopy

Postby StSnoopy » Sun May 04, 2008 5:26 pm

haha i probably cant bow stall in a normal playboat either x] so its all good
Daniel
smalltime

Postby smalltime » Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 am

I have been paddlin a Kingpin for about 5 years now....I LOVE IT, now I can't get a full on bow stall but it is a great play boat and not so bad on rivers even like the Gauley. I have one if you'd like to demo it, it is prolly outfitted colse to what you'd need anyway.....holla, Aims :cheers:
Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% how I react to it!
redbeard

Postby redbeard » Mon May 05, 2008 10:15 am

No matter what boat your in, bow stalls take a LOT of practice - at least for me. Low volume does help. After you get it, though, it's not too hard to do it in different boats. I was pleasantly surprised this weekend when I was able to get it in a Wavesport Ace.

I sound really full of myself. Will someone knock me down before the river gods have the opportunity to do it themselves?

Also, why do so many people say the stern stall is easier to get! It's driving me nuts! Mitchero - you're my hero!
ricky

Postby ricky » Mon May 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Well as much as I would like to mess with you Redbeard , nice way to link some ends yesterday :righton:
What goes around comes around

Work like you don`t need the money

Love like you have never been hurt

Dance like nobody is looking

Sing like nobody is listening

Live like it is Heaven on Earth
SwimBob

Postby SwimBob » Mon May 05, 2008 7:29 pm

I have a showdown you are welcome to try out. I paddled it for years and loved it. Obviously it's not the greatest boat ever made or they'd still make them but it's not a bad beginner playboat. You can paddle mine and see if you like it while you're trying other boats. By the way 2fiddy isn't a bad price if it's in really good shape. If it's banged up at all and the outfitting looks worn I'd try to pay less.
redbeard

Postby redbeard » Tue May 06, 2008 10:06 am

ricky wrote:nice way to link some ends yesterday :righton:

Thanks for the good advice!

Return to “The Parking Lot”