Crash seeks advice

This is what it's all about. Just like the real parking lot, this is the place to shoot the breeze and talk trash. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: bdk, bigtime

redneckjedi

Re: Crash seeks advice

Postby redneckjedi » Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 pm

A classic.

I saw KAK's mom the other day. She said he quit kayaking and now owns a cat.

No, I don't want a danish
Yes, that boat does make your ass look big
Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 am

Ya got meh!

I thought it was all new until I got to like the 2nd page & checked the YEAR on the posts. Hilarious stuff, and what gave this place the rep for being "irreverant!"

:doh:
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.

H. P. Lovecraft
FlipMe

Postby FlipMe » Tue May 14, 2013 11:53 am

I was ready to buy that paddle if crash didnt!
StraightCarnage

Postby StraightCarnage » Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Guys just wanted to introduce myself been paddlin for not quite a year some of you know me some of you dont, my name is Dustin, and I paddle the blue mamba. Been checkin out the boards for some time but finally got around to making myself a user name today. lol. But anyways seeing as how broke I was after buying my first boat.. a paddle from academy for around 30 dollars was all I could afford. It was def a little too long (which actually made learning rolling a breeze) and made from plastic so I do not recommend it for anyone other than a beginner but it honestly served all my needs and even survived a day of the WWC until one time going down Mill Race.. when I swam and got my paddle pinned in the rocks never to be seen again.. personally, I sure was glad I didnt start out with a Werner. As for spray skirts.. avoid seals imho mine implodes on me with not much pressure applied. :rolleyes:
bigtime

Postby bigtime » Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

This thread rocks. The carbon paddle argument between Joey and Curt is a classic, then to boot we get some Kickass Ken, and a post from DoctorBlunt (RIP). Reading through and reading his post made it seem as if he was still here with us.
bigtime

Postby bigtime » Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

And I will also add that, after years of paddling and live R&D. The best paddle I've ever used hands down is the AT2 Flexi.
showboat

Postby showboat » Tue May 14, 2013 2:07 pm

OK. It's time for a "real" boater to way in!!! You have to understand that all this advice comes to you from boaters who were the "bomb" back in the 1990's. Purple boats, turquoise underwear,100 mil neoprene were all being promoted. Watch out! They will sell anything they can out of that dusty gear-locker. If you want a good paddle "you" can't go wrong with an AT-Flexi, bent-shaft, 197cm paddle! So pony up the nearly 500 Bills, get yourself a quality water-mover, and do not trust a boater who paddles a Werner( they will try to talk up their inexpensive, splintered-up, sparrow-killers ). :dude:
slkrab95

Postby slkrab95 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Hold up now Showboat don't diss on the Werner! You don't seem to mind trusting THIS werner paddler! :) I have a fiberglass powerhouse and a carbon fiber sherpa. I prefer the carbon fiber, it seems much more durable than my glass blade and also prefer the stiffer blade.... However,many people like the little flexibility that the fiberglass gives you.... But in the end if it feels good and gets you down the river, not sure it matters. There's some people out there that paddle plastic paddles and do jsut fine... and if they lose it on the river, they're like who cares I'm only out a 100 bucks.
showboat

Postby showboat » Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 am

Crabman??? I thought you retired??? Haven't seen you on the water in ages. I heard you went corporate or something. "You" could paddle a 2 by 4 and would promote the virtues of wood! People who have skills can use anything, but for me I need the best. AT2's have big blades that don't flutter and a shaft that isn't super rigid ( ala Werner Super Shogun ) So flower pants, hope you learned something...... We miss you, please take paddling back up
Gnome

Postby Gnome » Thu May 16, 2013 10:13 am

"flower pants"

:rotf:
"Your spirit is the true shield"

--The Art of Peace
slkrab95

Postby slkrab95 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Lol spending 3 days in DC isn't enough to turn me corporate.... Tired of the traffic already. However get me a 197 cm 2x4 and I will gladly give it a shot! How many days are you up on me now?
redneckjedi

Postby redneckjedi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Bump again.... still LMAO at this thread. The good old days....

No, I don't want a danish

Yes, that boat does make your ass look big

Return to “The Parking Lot”