A Quick Jaunt to Old Mexico!

This is what it's all about. Just like the real parking lot, this is the place to shoot the breeze and talk trash. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: bdk, bigtime

Huckster

A Quick Jaunt to Old Mexico!

Postby Huckster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:27 pm

So we just got back from Mexico and it was nothing like the fear mongers would have you believe. Anyone we had the pleasure of interacting with was as pleasant as the could be and eager to help. We ended up camping for free every night as the locals would invite us in to their "Campos"

We met Juan Flores who has "El Sueno Campo" south of Estrella who is in the process of building a full on Eco resort that is all solar powered for electricity, water heater, and radiant floor heat. He let us crash parts of his KILOMETER of private beach so we drank wine and played Boule. We fished and caught dinner, even caught a Pulpo(octopus) which we were unaware is a delicacy down there and subsequently threw it back....doh!!

We camped another night at an abandoned beachfront resort about 2 miles south of San Felipe proper and caught and cooked dinner right there. We were approached by the Military, they asked for ID and then went on their way after being amused at the two gringos frying fish on the tail gate of a truck(camioneta).

The biggest hassle we had and it actually pissed me off pretty good was coming back through customs in to the US where we were treated like terrorists for having a fkn 12 pack of Modelo Especial. Bitch ass customs whore made me pour it out right there. WTF?

Trucks sell drinks in Pineapples on the beach.

It is little but it ate good!

This is a dust storm rolling in that really added some texture to our tortillas that we were trying to cook up..

The inside of one of the "eco bungalows" they were building at "El Sueno Campo"

Outside of one of the bungalows

Martin "The Enforcer" and professional Pulpo(octopus) Fisherman
it is easier to fall down than to get back up
Huckster

Re: A Quick Jaunt to Old Mexico!

Postby Huckster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:30 pm

For some reason the photos are weird. They aren't resizing. So I reckon you have to scroll left and right.

Jeffro, any thoughts other than resize them?
it is easier to fall down than to get back up
Ontime

Postby Ontime » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 am

You were on the coast right. I think most of the bad stuff is south of Texas and Arizona. Which reminds me I remember walking around NYC one time and being told we were on a very good street. 2 blocks over, we were told, ya don't want to be there. So I am wondering. What indomitable force of nature is keeping bad guys from walking 2 blocks?
I'd rather be rich than stupid.
bigtime

Postby bigtime » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:10 pm

That is weird, it is scrolling all the pictures at once too. I guess the easiest thing to do for now is resize them.

Return to “The Parking Lot”