Clipless pedals

Since there are several of us boaters who love to mountain bike....
surflost8

Clipless pedals

Postby surflost8 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Ok, so i'm about to make the switch to some clipless. I'm going through the process of reading reviews and trying to decide how much I want to spend. I'm thinking no more than 100 bucks, not including shoes. Anyone care to share some insight/gear review on what they've got? Any feedback will help.
Thanks,
ERich
Blood_Runs_Orange

Postby Blood_Runs_Orange » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Depends on what you're looking for.

Crank Bros Mallets always did me right...and the cool thing about those was the double sided entry, and you could ride in street shoes down to the beer store (they have plats around the egg beaters).

I've heard of people really liking the CB Candy and the classic EggBeater. Eggbeater has quad-side entry so you're not fumbling like you might have to with SPD style. Those aren't as conducive to beer-run peddling though.

Mine lasted maintenance free for 3 years of dupont and issaqueena red sand clay and had zero issues with them. Was very impressed.
PC LOAD LETTER???
surflost8

Postby surflost8 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:09 am

I was originally looking at something with a platform for the convience of daily riding. I've read a lot of reviews though that say the platforms break or get messed up, plus they are a bit heavier. You didn't have any problems with yours? I have been looking closely at the egg beaters. The design looks so simple...its great. There is just no way you could use that pedal without clipping in though-hmm.

Return to “Mountain Biking”